PROPRIETOR REGISTRATION/TRADE LICENSE
The sole proprietorship is the simplest business form under which one can operate a business. It simply refers to a person who owns the business and is personally responsible for its debts.
Sole-Proprietorship Registration in Bihar, which is also known as " Trade License" is regulated by Bihar Shop & Establishment Act, Under which any enterprises or shop running within the jurisdiction of municipal corporation of a city is required to get trade license or sole proprietorship registration mandatorily.
Registration of Shops & Establishments: As a business owner of a shop or establishment, you are compulsorily required to get the same registered under the Shops and Establishment Act.
Here are the specific rules:
1. Submit an application in the prescribed form to the Inspector of the area within 30 days of starting any work in your shop/establishment. The application is to be submitted along with the prescribed fees and should contain the following information: o Your name as the employer and the name of a manager, if any; o The postal address of your establishment; o The name of your establishment; o Such other particulars as may be prescribed.
2.Upon receiving the application for registration and the fees, the Inspector shall verify the accuracy and correctness of the application. Once suitably satisfied, he shall enter the details in the Register of Establishments and issue a registration certificate of your establishment to you. This certificate will be valid for 5 years and has to be renewed thereafter.The following documents are required to register a proprietorship firm:
1. Two Photographs of the Proprietor
2. Copy of Pan & Address Proof (Voter Id/Driving License/Aadhaar Card)
3. Municipal tax receipt or mutation receipts(in case office is owned by proprietor or his father), or rent agreement with electricity bill of office premises(in case office is on rent).
4. Name and Nature of Bussiness
5. Details of employees
Procedure for Register Sole Proprietorship Firm
- Prepare documents required for sole Proprietorship Registration.
- Apply for MSME + CA Certification or GST Registration as per your business need.
- Get Certification from the Government after the approval.
- Apply for a current bank account in any bank with your complete documentation.